Are you a caregiver for a family member who has Alzheimer’s disease or another, related dementia? Does that person live at home? Are you looking for ways to increase your knowledge and confidence in this role?
What is the Savvy Caregiver?
This program is designed to equip family members and others for the caregiving role. Developed by the University of Minnesota, the classes will help you gain:
A better understanding of the disease
• The skills to assess the abilities of the person with dementia
• The confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
• Strategies to manage the day-to-day care of the person with dementia, including personal care
• The skills to take better care of yourself
• Tips on how to build a positive partnership with healthcare professionals
Savvy Caregiver is designed for family caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s who continue to live at home (not in a residential care setting). Classes meet for six consecutive weeks, for two hours each.
Classes are offered free of charge through an Alzheimer’s Disease Supportive Service Program (ADSSP) grant from the Administration for Community Living.
Join us at one of our upcoming classes: TBA